PBBG Special Expert Panel Event: "Technology to Help Deter Prescription Opioid Abuse"
SPONSORED by KemPharm and Nova Southeastern University!!
Please visit their sites by clicking their logos to learn more about KemPharm and NSU. We thank them for their generous support!
Please join us on Wednesday, January 17 from 5pm to 7pm at the Chesterfield Hotel for a Special Presentation and Networking Cocktail Meeting!
Governor Rick Scott has declared a public health emergency in Florida in response to the opioid epidemic which has claimed thousands of lives in Florida. This special PBBG event features leaders from various community organizations who are delivering innovative solutions to deter prescription opioid abuse including:
- KemPharm, a leading “Prodrug” biopharmaceutical company that reformulates drugs with its proprietary LAT technology to create better, safer drugs, including drugs with abuse-deterrent properties
- Palm Beach County’s State Attorney
- The US Abuse Deterrent Coalition which represents over 30 ADF innovators and patient organizations that develop and promote abuse deterrent technologies
- Nova Southeastern University’s College of Pharmacy.
Scheduled Panelists (click the names to see their biosketches):
- Dave Aronberg, Palm Beach County State Attorney
- Andy Barrett, Ph.D., VP, Scientific Affairs at KemPharm, Inc.
- Daniel Cohen, Chair of the US Abuse Deterrent Coalition; and, EVP, Government & Public Relations at KemPharm, Inc.
- Hamid Omidian, Ph.D., Professor, NSU College of Pharmaceutical Science
We will begin the evening at 5:00 p.m. in the Leopard Lounge with a short informal happy hour, and then move to the Pavilion Room for the panel presentation.
Please RSVP by e-mailing Tom Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you there!